Jewish Genealogy Society of Cleveland

         

Baxter Ave Cemetery

This very small (1/5 acre) cemetery is located on Baxter Avenue between E.65th St. and Broadway. It is situated right across from Cleveland Central Catholic High School. The cemetery, established in 1873, also was known as Old Bohemian Jewish Cemetery. Newburgh Israeli Congregation purchased the land. The cemetery was basically defunct by about 1903, although the last burial was in 1942. The Cleveland JGS has an enumeration of this cemetery in its Research Library Collection at the Fairmount Temple Library.