Jewish Genealogy Society of Cleveland

         

Lansing Cemetery

This cemetery, established in 1890, has also been known as Fremont or Newburgh Cemetery, and is located at 3933 East 57th St., in the Slavic village neighborhood of Cleveland. The entrance is at the end of East 57th Street, south of Lansing Avenue. The cemetery has sections for a number of existing and former congregations. Among the older names of synagogues are: Marmarosher, Sherith Jacob, Sherith Torah, Anshe Svard/Sfard, Habershe Sholeim, Oheb Zedek, Pazelver, Shomre Shabboth, Beth Hamidrash Hagadol, Knesseth Israel, and Anshe Grodno. Sections are now named for these congregations: Agudas/Agudath Achim, Anshe Grodno, Chibas Jerusalem (Taylor Road Synagogue), Green Road Synagogue, Heights Jewish Center, Heights Jewish Center Litvisha, Knesseth Israel, Oer Chodesh Anshe Sfard, Oheb Zedek Congregation, Shaary Torah, Warrensville Center (Cedar-Sinai) Synagogue.