Jewish Genealogy Society of Cleveland

         

Zion Memorial Park

This cemetery was originally established in 1899 as Erster Galizianer Unterst├╝tzungs Verein (First Galician Aid Society) to provide Orthodox religious services and aid to immigrants from Galicia, Poland. In 1948 it became Zion Memorial Park Cemetery. It is located at 51 Northfield Road, Bedford Heights, near Southgate Shopping Center. It is also called Mt. Zion. The Zion Memorial Cemetery Foundation is comprised of the following sections: Beth Am (B'nai Jeshurun), Bethaynu, Beth El, Etz Chaim, Green Road, Jewish Civil Service Employees, Jewish War Veterans, Mayfield Hillcrest (Shaarey Tikvah), Temple Ner Tamid, Sinai Synagogue, Warrensville Center (Cedar-Sinai) Synagogue, Young Israel, and Zion Memorial Park.