Come celebrate JGS Cleveland at 40!
Program and Open House
Date & Time: Friday, June 9, 2023, 10 - 12:30 (library open until 3 for your personal research)
Location: Western Reserve Historical Society Research Library, 10825 East Blvd, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, https://www.wrhs.org/research/library/
Program: Enjoy a morning open house and deep dive into old Jewish Cleveland archives featuring concurrent roundtables, informal conversation, and special tour. Computers and wi-fi for your convenience. Members free (parking on site at a reduced rate). Skill level: All
· The Amazing Life and Legacy of Simson Thorman
· Identified!: Abraham Raphael & Extended Family (Photo, Cleveland 1940) with Genealogy Research Underway
· Connecting with the Cleveland Families Katz, Blumenthal, Karklin, and Landy: The General Log of the Family of the Sons of Aaron, the Kohen Who Live in the City of Cleveland, Ohio in the Year 5665 (1905)
· Discovering the Real Superman: Who are Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster?
· New Addition: Unraveling Your Family History in Jewish Cleveland Cemeteries and Synagogues
· Added Bonus: Carousel and Museum open until 4
Our Hosts and Speakers: Ann Sindelar, WRHS Acting Library Director & Reference Supervisor; Sean Martin, PhD, WRHS Associate Curator for Jewish History and JGSC Board Member; Sylvia Abrams, PhD, JGSC Past President; and Roundtable discussion leaders: Arnie Berger, PhD, Elise Norman Cundiff, Marilyn Davis Perkul, Natalie Landy, Deborah A. Katz, JD, PhD, Leigh Goldie, Jeff Morris, and Janet Ghiandoni